Setting off sparks to economic mobility
NEW shifts mindsets for financial resiliency, to prevent homelessness, and to build wealth through homeownership, entrepreneurship, and education
WOMEN’S BUSINESS SOLUTIONSNEW is ready to support your business if it’s struggling because of COVID-19. Let us help get you back on track.
Education SOLUTIONSNEW’s schools and learning centers affect equity by educating and empowering children and youth in ways that benefit the entire family.
Because of what we believe, think, and knowNEW EXISTS TO SUCCEED
Success by building and growing assetsFrom wherever you’re beginning, you have something of great value upon which to build your future. It’s important that you know that. NEW’s Economic Mobility programs and services will help you move to the next level of success.
Success by bridging gapsYes, there is a space between where you are and where you want to go. We can help you close that gap and get to your destination with resources for your whole family.
NEW has the answers for ending unemployment through entrepreneurship, ending homelessness through affordable housing and ending lack of education/skills through our schools and learning centers.
NEW has schools and other resources for your child to blossom.
NEW can help you figure out your path to affordable housing or home ownership.
Our paths lead to success
Our paths leads to success
Schools and Education
Children can thrive when they’re a part of our learning centers, arts program, and charter schools.
1. Afterschool Learning CentersAfterschool programs help reinforce what students learn in school as well give them extra time and support to grasp and master concepts that may have been hard to understand during the school day.
2. Family and Youth Arts ProgramNEW partners with Free Arts so that your family can participate in an Arts Therapy Program to help deal with any issues of concern.
3. Charter SchoolsOur schools create and foster learning environments centered around the needs of students. Children learn to work well with each other and their teachers, become able to direct their own days, think critically, mature in self-esteem and self-assurance while growing in appreciation of their own culture and that of other students.
We design our investment solutions specifically not only to help you achieve your goals, but to spark within you a determination never to be satisfied with less than your right to economic mobility.
1. Case ManagementNEW’s case managers provide individualized support to program participants via needs/goals assessments, skill-building guidance, and financial coaching strategies.
This economic literacy program has 3 parts:
- Connect & Succeed
- NEW Money
- Family Conference
By completing the entire program, NEW residents create a pathway to close the wealth gap by changing their financial behavior and relationship with money.
3. Homeownership ProgramNEW’s Homeownership Program helps clients by providing the knowledge and support to purchase a home with confidence, protect assets, and change fiscal habits that build generational wealth.
4. Pre-purchase and Foreclosure CounselingWe offer these counseling services in addition to our Homeownership Program to help you focus on your specific financial needs as you either prepare to purchase a home or fight to remain in the one you have. You do not have to participate in the Homeownership Program to receive either of these services.
Advocacy and Policy
NEW can help you voice your needs to public officials and agencies who make decisions that affect your future. Learn more by browsing these websites and then making an appointment with us to talk about your strategy.
Economic MobilityNEW provides tools to empower your ability to make successful and stable economic choices for you and your family. Contact us today to register for any or all of the following classes.
1. CreateThis economic literacy program has 3 parts:
- Connect & Succeed
- NEW Money
- Family Conference
2. ESLEvery week we offer English as a Second Language (ESL) classes to native Spanish speakers.
3. Latino Tech-NetStudents of Latino Tech-Net improve their financial status by developing their technical skills to become competitive job applicants and emerging entrepreneurs.
Family Resources and Health
To be successful by bridging wealth, knowledge, and education gaps you need resources for your family that include ways to be healthy, safe, and skillful in describing to potential employers why they should hire you.
Contact NEW to learn more and register.
Physical and Mental/Emotional Health
1. Salsa, Sabor, y SaludThis program promotes a healthy lifestyle for NEW students and their families, via popular exercise activities, guidance on health-conscious shopping/meal preparation, and live cooking demonstrations.
2. Arroyo VistaWe partner with Arroyo Vista to host an affordable Family Health Clinic with excellent patient care on the site of NEW’s Prosperity Center – the heartbeat of our Pico Union master-planned community.
3. Child Passenger Safety ProgramLearn what’s needed to keep your children of all ages safe when they travel in any vehicle or other modes of transportation.
4. Family and Youth Arts ProgramNEW partners with Free Arts so that your family can participate in an Arts Therapy Program to help deal with any issues of concern.
1. Employment Support ReferralsNEW refers community members to employment support agencies/organizations to help with job searches. Services may include assistance with resumes and interview skills.
2. Family Source CentersOur centers provide case management and other services for low income community members. These services include providing information on making smart consumer choices for single mothers and families when buying groceries, consumer electronics, automobiles, and clothing.
Let others knowhow NEW wins the fight for economic equity AND JUSTICE!
Share with others