LOS ANGELES, CA – New Economics for Women (NEW) has launched its Campaign for IMPACT in celebration of Women’s History Month. NEW is a nonprofit organization dedicated to sparking economic mobility for all women and families, particularly for Latinas, through wealth creation, housing, education, entrepreneurship, and advocacy for economic justice. In celebration of the month, and in honor of all women, children, and families served by NEW in 2021-2021, NEW is launching its NEW Campaign for IMPACT to raise revenues to expand on its performance of social safety-net programming in fulfillment of its mission-driven work to spark economic mobility for vulnerable women and children.
This IMPACT campaign is NEW’s commitment to increasing and expanding upon what we have achieved in the past 2 years. Despite challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, NEW’s mission continued to push forward. This period of global economic instability and turbulence in the typical operation of most nonprofits due to the pandemic, our organization made its most significant economic impact to date:
- More than $78 million in direct services and assets produced and protected, while serving a total of 106,744 people.
- NEW generated over $59 million in assets for low-income families and children during this challenging year.
- The organization deployed over $18 million in assistance to nearly 15,000 households impacted by COVID-19 and distributed over 260,000 meals.
(For more information including statistics, please see our entire 2020–2021 Impact Report)
“We are proud of our organization’s hard work, as demonstrated in our recent publication, NEW’s Impact Report. NEW has been able to reach new milestones for women and families despite the extraordinary recent difficulties. I am honored to work with a team of exceptional professionals who are making a real impact in the lives of many women and their families,” said Maggie Cervantes, Executive Director for New Economics for Women.
NEW is an organization founded by and led by women. The organization boasts a staff of more than 60% women, with 80% of its Executive Team members, and over 60% of its clients as women. While NEW proudly services all genders at all times, NEW is a largely women-led organization dedicated to empowering women and their families to move from economic vulnerability to economic stability and mobility.
Join us in making an IMPACT!
Your gift makes an IMPACT in 3 of our focus areas. Help us reach our goal in raising $25,000 for these important causes.
- Economic Mobility Programs that help families transition from poverty to stability to prosperity.
- La Posada Program provides interim housing for domestic violence survivors and unhoused women & children.
- Social Justice & Equity Programs focus on gender, racial and cultural equity for women and children.
Donate today to make your IMPACT!
- Visit our IMPACT webpage
- Text NEWImpact to 41444 (message & data rates may apply)
Follow our progress through #NEWImpact
About New Economics for Women:
New Economics for Women sparks economic mobility for women, particularly for Latinas and their families, through wealth creation, housing, education, entrepreneurship, and advocacy for economic justice. We empower generations of women and families to thrive. For more information, call (213) 483-2060 or visit neweconomicsforwomen.org.
Alicia Matricardi, Chief of Development
Sachiko Usui, Director of Communications